Welcome to the 2013 DNR Show Cruise!
Join your pals Derek and Romaine for hijinks on the high seas! The first annual DNR Show Cruise will include a vibrant mix of men and women from all walks of life with an amazing blend of relaxation and fun like you’ve never experienced! It is a week that you will definitely never forget.
The adventure begins in Ft. Lauderdale on the weekend of Pride South Florida. Your bon voyage begins with tens of thousands of revelers kicking off gay pride season in the Sunshine State. Then join Derek and Romaine aboard the gorgeous Ruby Princess for a grand Caribbean tour. We sail from Fort Lauderdale, FL March 10, 2013 – March 17, 2013. Our ports of call will include St. Thomas (the shopping capital of the Caribbean), St Maarten (half French and half Dutch), Grand Turk (fabulous beaches and snorkel/scuba) as well as lovely Princess Cay (private island) for a day of swimming, snorkeling, a fabulous beach barbecue, and sipping exotic cocktails.
Derek and Romaine personally chose this sailing for their first ever DNR Show cruise. This itinerary includes some of the most welcoming ports for LGBT visitors and is reasonably priced to accommodate most travel budgets. The Ruby Princess is the newest ship in the Princess fleet and features many terrific amenities for people of all ages. And we will all be in the mood for a little Caribbean warmth by the time March rolls around!
This is not a fully chartered ship like an RSVP or Atlantis cruise. But we are a group with our own scheduled private group activities including cocktail parties, Derek’s disco nights, Romaine’s karaoke, and more. All fans and friends of Derek and Romaine are encouraged to join us for a great week of fun. Those who book early will also have the option of joining Derek and Romaine at select meals. DNR Show excursions will be planned which will be less expensive than similar excursions offered by the cruise line. And waaaay more fun!
This will be a unique travel experience for fans of the DNR Show. Our special events will offer the chance to bond with fellow fans and with Derek and Romaine themselves! Join us!
|1||Sun. Mar. 10||Ft. Lauderdale, Florida||4:00pm|
|2||Mon. Mar. 11||Princess Cays, Bahamas||9:00am||4:00pm|
|3||Tue. Mar. 12||At Sea|
|4||Wed. Mar. 13||St. Maarten, U.S. Virgin Islands||10:00am||6:00pm|
|5||Thu. Mar. 14||St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands||7:00am||4:00pm|
|6||Fri. Mar. 15||Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos||1:00pm||7:00pm|
|7||Sat. Mar. 16||At Sea|
|8||Sun. Mar. 17||Ft. Lauderdale, Florida|
The elegant, and truly gorgeous Ruby Princess will be your home away from home. You will sail roundtrip and have the chance to visit very diverse ports. You will visit lovely St Thomas, the shopping capital of the Caribbean, with dozens of pure white sandy beaches.
Our next stop is St Maarten, which is half French and half Dutch. Here you may want to visit the world famous clothing optional beach, Orient Bay Beach. The third stop is the quaint and charming island of Grand Turk with some of the finest snorkel and diving in the world. Also, you will spend the day on beautiful Princess Cay where we swim in turquoise, aqua waters, relax on powdery white sand beaches and enjoy a wonderful barbecue lunch.
For a romantic getaway, there’s no better cruise ship than Ruby Princess, which was christened in 2008 by lovebirds Trista and Ryan Sutter of TV’s The Bachelorette. A night of romance can be created wherever you look, from a Piazza singer’s sweet serenade, to a relaxing couples massage from a cabana in The Sanctuary®. Movies Under the Stars® is also a cozy venue, where you can cuddle up under a warm blanket and watch a romantic comedy amongst the evening stars. To enhance its elegance, Ruby Princess sails to some of the world’s most breathtaking destinations, including the Caribbean and the Mediterranean. Rekindle your passion onboard the newest ship in the Princess fleet!
|Interior Cabin (Cat J4)||$749.00*||Baja & Caribe Decks|
|Interior Cabin (Cat JJ4)||$759.00*||Aloha & Baja Decks|
|Interior Cabin (Cat I4)||$769.00*||Riviera & Aloha Decks|
|Interior Cabin (Cat II4)||$779.00*||Lido & Riviera Decks|
|Oceanview Cabin (Obstructed View) (Cat F2, FF4, E2)||$849.00* – $909.00*||Emerald & Lido Decks|
|Oceanview Cabin (Cat EE, D)||$939.00* – $969.00*||Plaza Deck|
|Oceanview Cabin (Cat DD)||$999.00*||Emerald Deck|
|Balcony Cabin (Cat BD)||$1,199.00*||Aloha Deck|
|Balcony Cabin (Cat BC)||$1,239.00*||Riviera & Aloha Decks|
|Balcony Cabin (Cat BB)||$1,279.00*||Riviera, Baja & Caribe Decks|
|Balcony Cabin (Cat BA)||$1,319.00*||Lido & Caribe Decks|
|Mini Suite (Cat AC)||$1,399.00*||Dolphin Deck|
|Mini Suite (Cat AB)||$1,524.00*||Dolphin Deck|
|Contact us for details|
Book early! Categories will sell out! Please contact us to verify availability at the rates above!
Bookings made after December 20, 2012 will require full payment within 24 hours of booking.
All rates quoted are per person based upon double occupancy (two people sharing a cabin).
Single occupancy rates are 50% additional for inside and oceanview cabins and double the rate for balconies and suites.
*Please add $111 per person for taxes.
Third and Fourth person rates available upon request!
In order to participate in our events you must make reservations directly with The Cruise Boys / KVI Travel. Unfortunately people booked through a different source will not be invited to participate in our group activities.
Currently no fuel charge exists but Princess reserves the right to reinstate should the cost of a barrel of crude oil stabilize over $67.00.
Once on the ship $80.50 per person per week gratuity charge will be added to your room bill.
Rates are quoted in U.S. dollars per person (based on double occupancy). PORT CHARGES ARE INCLUDED. Taxes of $111 per person not included. Fuel supplement may be applicable. All rates are subject to change based on availability. All offers apply to new bookings only, are capacity controlled and may be withdrawn without notice.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Payments: Princess Cruises will require a deposit of $250.00 at the time of reservations. Suites do require a 20% initial deposit. Final payment will be due December 24, 2012 and will be automatically charged to your credit card unless you notify us in advance to use a different form of payment. Bookings made after December 20, 2012 will require full payment within 24 hours of booking.
2. Documents: Each person must have a valid U.S. passport, a passport card or an enhanced driver’s license. Canadian and residents of other countries will need to check with their consulates to see if a visa will be required.
3. Pre-cruise hotels: If you plan to fly to Fort Lauderdale early, be sure to visit our booking site for the best rates available!
- Renaissance Fort Lauderdale at Port Everglades
- Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
- Hyatt Place 17th Street Fort Lauderdale
- The Grand Resort & Spa (Gay Friendly) – Derek recommends!
4. Cabin Assignments: At the time of your deposit the best located cabin available will be assigned to you. From time to time you may not get a cabin number immediately. This means that the cruise line has guaranteed your rate but temporarily cannot assign a cabin number. You are guaranteed to get the cabin category that you have selected but you may have to wait a while for it to be assigned.
5. Cashless Society: When checking at the pier you will need to leave a credit card imprint. Anything you purchase on the ship will be charged to your cabin account. Cash is not accepted anywhere except the casino. Should you not have a credit card, you will need to leave cash deposit from which you may draw.
6. Ship Board Activities: The Ruby Princess will host a cocktail party for our guests. Other private events are also planned for the week. Full details of our daily itinerary will be made available to you prior to sailing.
7. Dining: We have confirmed a block of tables together at 8:15PM each evening in the traditional Boticelli Dining Room. There are two formal nights on this sailing. Dining the rest of the evenings is casual meaning slacks and shirt or polo type shirt. Breakfasts, lunches and all meals in the Horizon Court buffet are always casual (open from 5am–11pm). You may request other dining times if you wish but you will not be with the rest of the group. We find it a great bonding experience if the entire group dines together.
8. Shore Excursions: The ship will offer many excursions to purchase. We however, will offer at least two or three of our own. Our trips are usually lower priced and include more than what the ship will offer. Information regarding our excursions will be posted and sent to you approximately 60 days prior to sailing.
9. Gratuities: A daily charge of $11.50 per person will be added to your cabin account to serve as tips to porters, waiters, cabins stewards, and pool boys.
10. Getting to the Ship: You should fly into Ft Lauderdale airport and try to arrive before 12:00pm. It is best to take a taxi which is about a $10 ride. The pier is only 10 – 15 minutes from the airport. When flying home also try to find a flight no earlier than 12:00pm.
To be announced…
Once you have completed the form, fax it to 1-775-416-8022 or e-mail it to .